Give Your Smile a Refreshing New Look with Porcelain Laminate Veneers
One of the most effective ways to rejuvenate a worn, tired smile is with porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers and porcelain laminate veneers can be used to cover imperfections on your teeth, close gaps between teeth, or improve the shape or size of an irregular tooth to enhance your smile’s appearance. With veneers from Paxton Dental Care, serving residents in Worcester, Massachusetts, Dr. Scott Siemen can give your worn, unsightly smile a fresh new look!
Traditional Porcelain Veneers vs. Porcelain Laminates: What’s the Difference?
Porcelain veneers are wafer-thin, tooth-colored shells that cover a tooth – similar to how false nails cover natural fingernails – to improve your tooth’s appearance. Like traditional veneers, laminates are cosmetic teeth coverings used for the same purpose. Porcelain laminates differ from porcelain veneers in that they are much thinner. They also require less enamel removal for their application, so you retain more of your tooth structure.
Laminates are more lightweight than traditional veneers and make an excellent choice for covering minor chips or discolorations on your teeth. To conceal more prominent flaws like cracks, fractures, and gaps between teeth or to correct a misshapen or uneven tooth, Dr. Siemen may recommend thicker porcelain veneers.
Problems Porcelain Veneers and Laminates Can Fix
Dr. Siemen can correct multiple imperfections in your teeth between traditional porcelain veneers and porcelain laminates. Veneers are bonded to the surface of your teeth to conceal such problems as:
- Age-related wear and tear
- Stains and discolorations
- Fracture lines, dents, chips, and cracks
- Broken teeth
- Uneven or misshapen teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Overlapping teeth
After a comprehensive evaluation of your teeth, Dr. Siemen can recommend the type of veneer best suited to your dental needs.
What to Expect from Porcelain Laminate Veneers
Porcelain laminates work best when customized for your use. Dr. Siemen will take digital impressions of your mouth to create veneers that resemble your natural teeth’ shape, color, and size as close as possible so that they blend in beautifully with your smile.
People with porcelain veneer treatment often comment on their strength, beauty, and longevity. Porcelain laminate veneers can transform a worn, discolored, or damaged smile into a gorgeous one within weeks.
With porcelain laminate veneers, you can expect the following:
- A radiant smile that looks every bit as natural as your real teeth
- A conservative treatment that doesn’t require excessive tooth enamel removal to complete
- Cosmetic teeth coverings that are durable, easy to clean, and stain-resistant, enabling you to maintain your beautiful smile for up to 10 years or longer with proper care
- A cosmetic treatment that can be completed relatively quickly, in as little as two or three dental visits. By planning your treatment in advance, you can have a new smile in time for an upcoming wedding, anniversary, graduation, or other special occasions.