5 Surprising Foods for a Brighter Smile
If you are looking for a brighter, whiter smile, then these are some foods that you need to incorporate into your diet.
- Basil: Basil helps to reduce the amount of bacteria in your mouth. What is great about basil is that it can be easily paired with many dishes. You can add it to a salad, a sandwich, or even a soup, which makes it easy to score the benefits from this natural antibiotic.
- Salmon: Salmon is a great go-to because it is rich in calcium and vitamin D, which helps keep teeth strong. Don’t be afraid to eat some of the bones too, because they are also full of calcium.
- Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds work for your teeth in a combination of ways. They work to help clean your teeth by scrubbing away plaque. They are also rich in calcium so they keep teeth strong. Add them to your diet for a dual cleaning effort.
- Shiitake Mushrooms: The active compound found in shiitake mushrooms, lentinan, stops bacteria from growing in the mouth. This helps reduce decay and plaque buildup.
- Quinoa: Quinoa is a super food for a reason! Not only is this grain packed with protein, it also contains calcium, magnesium, manganese, and phosphate which are known to strengthen teeth.
Add these tasty and healthy foods to your plate to brighten your smiles.